Back from Holiday and quote of the day

Well I have had a lovely week with my family on the coast in Cornwall (without internet access). Wonderful! Between the gale force winds, lashing rain and dark skies we had bursts of glorious sun. But we are British and no amount of carp weather (i.e., weather that fish enjoy) will stop us gritting out teeth and enjoying ourselves.

My posts were all set on a timer so they just appeared one day after another even if nobody commented. Sorry if I overwhelmed you with text. I will comment on some of the comments over the next few days.

Here is the quote of the day: "Tradition is the living faith of the dead; traditionalism is the dead faith of the living"

Here is the new information I learned on holiday. The novel of The Bourne Supremacy has almost no relationship whatsoever to the movie. (I have not finished it yet so please don't tell me what happens).

Comments

Unknown said…
Beautiful quote by Jaroslav Pelikan - I just had to flip to the first underlined item in his The Christian Tradition.

Welcome back from vacation and I love the phrase 'carp weather!'

Popular Posts