About Me

My photo
Robin Parry is the husband of but one wife (Carol) and the father of the two most beautiful girls in the universe (Hannah and Jessica). He also has a lovely cat called Monty (who has only three legs). Living in the city of Worcester, UK, he works as an Editor for Wipf and Stock — a US-based theological publisher. Robin was a Sixth Form College teacher for 11 years and has worked in publishing since 2001 (2001–2010 for Paternoster and 2010– for W&S).

Sunday, 26 August 2012

Scream

I recently restored a damaged copy of "The Scream" . . . I tried my best. Like the result

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

This picture perfectly depicts the existential angst I will feel a week tommorow, when early doors, I am in a meeting for 1 1/2 hours wondering 'why am I here?', 'do I really have to do this?'. All the questions are rhetorical and the answers lie in the songs of the seven dwarves: "I owe, I owe it's off to work I go!'

Oh well, 6 weeks holidays nearly over and I should be grateful for the time I get to spend doing things I enjoy!
Andy

Robin Parry said...

:-)

Anonymous said...

Aye tears of joy, rivulets of happiness will pour from my tear ducts a week from now as I embark on another year of my, less than exciting, career!!

Ho hum c'est laVie! I'll just paste on a fake smile and plough through another year of it!

The scream sold for how much?? I don't suppose my 'snow storm in antarctica in Dulux would sell for quire as much!
Andy

Tom Nicholson said...

I scream
you scream
we all scream
ICECREAM !

Anonymous said...

Ice Cream...hahahahaba love it! Not that I am a devotee of art especially the modern stuff where a crushed coke can represents the futility of humanity or something

Tom Nicholson said...

At least that's my interpretation of what the person is screaming about.

Apparently Munch made four copies/versions of said painting.

One of them is on show, just now, at the Scottish National Gallery of Modern Art in Edinburgh til the end of September. I must go and see that.

James Goetz said...

Robin, Would you want to restore the ceiling on the Cistine Chapel? :-)