About Me

My photo
Robin Parry is the husband of but one wife (Carol) and the father of the two most beautiful girls in the universe (Hannah and Jessica). He also has a lovely cat called Monty (who has only three legs). Living in the city of Worcester, UK, he works as an Editor for Wipf and Stock — a US-based theological publisher. Robin was a Sixth Form College teacher for 11 years and has worked in publishing since 2001 (2001–2010 for Paternoster and 2010– for W&S).

Friday, 17 June 2011

Thought for the Day from Karl Barth

“The activity of the community is related to the gospel only in so far as it is no more than a crater formed by the explosion of a shell and seeks to be no more than a void in which the gospel reveals itself”

Karl Barth, The Epistle to the Romans (second edition), p. 36.

1 comment:

Vicki said...

Hi Robin! This is not a comment re the blog post per se, but because i'm not sure how else to reach you! I have your book The Evangelical Universalist along with several others, as I am desiring with all of my heart to know, at a heart level - that all will be well - esp since the sudden death of my mom 3 years ago. I have been an 'evangelical' christian and believe with all of my heart that Jesus reveals the fullness of God. The only thing for me that brings real and lasting Hope - is christian universalism. But some passages that I come across as I try to get closer to Jesus thru scripture frighten me a great deal. For recent example, i was recently very joyous to read Eph 1:10.... that is, until I read Eph 1: 13,14. I was delighted to read John 3:17, until I read John 3:18. I long to simply come to know more the love of God, without going down these worrisome rabbit trails, but I also want to be intellectually honest when i come across these verses and try to understand how they co-exist with a greater hope. Can you help me???? thank you so much. you can simply write me at vicki.catt@gmail.com thank you!!!