About Me

My photo
Robin Parry is the husband of but one wife (Carol) and the father of the two most beautiful girls in the universe (Hannah and Jessica). He also has a lovely cat called Monty (who has only three legs). Living in the city of Worcester, UK, he works as an Editor for Wipf and Stock — a US-based theological publisher. Robin was a Sixth Form College teacher for 11 years and has worked in publishing since 2001 (2001–2010 for Paternoster and 2010– for W&S).

Thursday, 20 August 2009

Lifting Out Holy Hands

This is just a little thing but it struck me as slightly interesting.

The Odes of Solomon 42:1-2 reads
I extended my hands and approached my Lord,
because the stretching out of my hands is His sign.
And my extension is the common cross,
that was lifted up on the way of the Righteous One.
From this it looks like this group of early Christ-believers use to stretch their hands outwards in prayer to make the shape of a cross. I have never come across that before. Perhaps a new liturgical action for charismatics, eh? Although not if they are standing too close to each other - a few broken noses then ("And they'll know we are Christians by our blood").

No comments: