Tim Hawkins on the Bible and kids

Comments

Alex Smith said…
Coincidently I brought this exact point up a few hours ago in my Bible study!

Anyway, if you're interested (& you certainly don't have to be!), I found this article helpful: http://www.geosociety.org/gsatoday/archive/22/11/article/i1052-5173-22-11-4.htm
Anonymous said…
2 Peter...

1 Beloved, I now write to you this second epistle (in both of which I stir up your pure minds by way of reminder), 2 that you may be mindful of the words which were spoken before by the holy prophets, and of the commandment of us, the apostles of the Lord and Savior, 3 knowing this first: that scoffers will come in the last days, walking according to their own lusts, 4 and saying, “Where is the promise of His coming? For since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of creation.” 5 For this they willfully forget: that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of water and in the water, 6 by which the world that then existed perished, being flooded with water. 7 But the heavens and the earth which are now preserved by the same word, are reserved for fire until the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.
Robin Parry said…
Thanks anonymous

I am not quite sure what you are trying to say but it's a good passage. Thanks.
RDM said…
I was really hoping "Anonymous" would respond. I do love a good quote from 2 "Peter"!

Still, it is a good passage.

BTW 1: Robin, how was your US trip?

BTW 2: I'm about to start a reading group/study with your 2nd edition of The Evangelical Universalist! If my local Christian Bookshop will actually get it in that is!

All the best.
Tony said…
Very chuffed when my kid said "Noahs ark is silly. God wouldn't drown us. He loves us."

Absolutely.

Popular Posts