About Me

My photo
Robin Parry is the husband of but one wife (Carol) and the father of the two most beautiful girls in the universe (Hannah and Jessica). He also has a lovely cat called Monty (who has only three legs). Living in the city of Worcester, UK, he works as an Editor for Wipf and Stock — a US-based theological publisher. Robin was a Sixth Form College teacher for 11 years and has worked in publishing since 2001 (2001–2010 for Paternoster and 2010– for W&S).

Wednesday, 9 May 2012

George Sarris on Perfect Being Theology

Here is a comment I just found on facebook from George Sarris. I like it. So here, with George's permission, it is:

One of the most common responses I receive from those who hear that I believe in Ultimate Restoration is, “I wish that were true, but . . ."

Although they would never admit it, what they are actually saying is, “Deep down inside, I wish God were different. I wish He were more loving or more powerful than He is, but . . ."

When I was in seminary, one of my professors shared Anselm’s definition for God. He defined God as “that Being than which nothing greater can be conceived.” The God I worship truly fits that definition. Deep down inside, I don’t wish He were different. I am very glad that I don’t have to add any “buts” when I tell others about who He is!
Absolutely!

2 comments:

jct1611 said...

This is so helpful!
Next time I hear this I will tell people what they are really saying without knowing.

Thank you, Dr. Parry

jct1611 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.