I have been asked to prepare a second edition of The Evangelical Universalist. It'll be out in late 2012.
For those of you interested in what I am thinking of adding, here you go:
1. A new (and quite long) preface explaining some of the stuff that I could not explain in the first edition because of my anonymity. Also talking about some of the developments in my thinking since I wrote the book.
2. A study guide (at the publisher's request)
3. An appendix with my take on Rob Bell's book (at the publisher's request)
4. An appendix (fairly long) with my responses to the best criticisms I have found to the first edition
5. A Scripture index
(6. Perhaps something on the Trinity and universalism)
I do have quite strict limits on how much I am allowed to add so I can't do everything.
If I have missed something obvious please do let me know.
- Robin Parry
- Robin Parry is the husband of but one wife (Carol) and the father of the two most beautiful girls in the universe (Hannah and Jessica). He also has a lovely cat called Monty (who has only three legs). Living in the city of Worcester, UK, he works as an Editor for Wipf and Stock — a US-based theological publisher. Robin was a Sixth Form College teacher for 11 years and has worked in publishing since 2001 (2001–2010 for Paternoster and 2010– for W&S).